Rose Wellness takes privacy very seriously
Notice to Users Outside the United States
GATHERING, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Users of the Website Generally
“Non-Personally Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person. “Personally Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person.
Like most website operators, Company gathers from users of the Website Non-Personally Identifying Information of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and the locations of the websites the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Website. Although such information is not Personally Identifying Information, it may be possible for Company to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of the visitor’s point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data. Company analyzes Non-Personally Identifying Information gathered from users of the Website to help Company better understand how the Website is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Company is able to better design the Website to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use.
From time to time, Company may also release the Non-Personally Identifying Information gathered from Website users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
COMPANY USERS WHO DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON THEIR COMPUTERS SHOULD SET THEIR BROWSERS TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. WEBSITE USERS WHO REFUSE WEB COOKIES MAY LOSE FUNCTIONALITY OR USE OF CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE.
We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Website, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads help (https://support.google.com/google-ads/?hl=en#topic=9803759).
Aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information
We may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Website and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any Personally Identifying Information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
In addition, Company may make use of de-identified information in accordance with applicable privacy law.
Mobile Device Additional Terms
- Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access the Website or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Geo-Location Information. Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application or our services, except that it may be possible for Company to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information, such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personally Identifying Information you submit within the mobile application.
We may use hyperlinks on the Website which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button or Twitter’s “tweet” button, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons, none of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin provider. So for example, when you click on the Facebook’s “Like” button on the Website, Facebook will receive your IP address, the browser version and screen resolution, and the operating system of the device you have used to access the Website. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites of these social networks and are not within our control.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
As defined above, Personally Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person. Company may collect a range of Personally Identifying Information from and about Website users. Much of the Personally Identifying Information collected by Company about users is information provided by users themselves when (1) registering for our service, (2) participating in polls, contests, surveys or other features of our service, or responding to offers or advertisements, (3) communicating with us, (4) creating a public profile or (5) signing up to receive newsletters. That information may include each user’s name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender, age, date of birth, username, state and other demographic or relevant information as determined by Company from time to time. Users of the Website are under no obligation to provide Company with Personally Identifying Information of any kind, with the caveat that a user’s refusal to do so may prevent the user from using certain Website features.
BY REGISTERING WITH OR USING THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS “COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION” SECTION.
USERS ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM THEIR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by the Website that we think you may find valuable. We may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails at the time of registration or through your account settings, though this may not opt you out of all emails, such as notices about your account, including service announcements and administrative messages.
General Use by Company
Company will disclose Personally Identifying Information under the following circumstances:
- Marketing Communications. Unless users opt-out from receiving Company marketing materials upon registration, Company may email users about products and services that Company believes may be of interest to them. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from Company, you may do so by following the unsubscribe link in the email communications, by going to your account settings (if applicable) or contacting us using the contact information below.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifying Information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the Website’s functionality and supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through the Website. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- Employees, Contractors, and Consultants: Some Company employees and operations contractors, and consultants may have limited access to your Personal Information in the course of providing services to you, including for the purpose of troubleshooting problems and/or resolving complaints. These contractors include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content for the operation and maintenance of the Website. Access to your Personal Information is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the employee or contractor to perform the function needed to resolve the issue or to provide or improve the service.
- Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information for Healthcare Operations & Services: We may use and disclose your Personally Identifying Information to provide you with care, to run our healthcare operations, to take payment, or to provide information to clinicians who work with our Website, platforms and systems, and to comply with state and US federal regulations. We implement a range of technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect your Personally Identifying Information. To the extent you are transmitting information known as Protected Health Information (“PHI”) under HIPAA, this may entitle you to certain rights described under HIPAA.
Your Ability to Change Personally Identifying Information; Account Termination
Children’s Personally Identifying Information
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our service requiring the submission of Personally Identifying Information are not intended for anyone under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifying Information from children under the age of 13 other than minor children receiving the service through registration by their parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13 then you may not use or access our website or services at any time or in any manner. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personally Identifying Information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s Personally Identifying Information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES GENERALLY
We use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all information on the Website as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Personally Identifying Information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account. If you lose control of your account, you should notify us immediately.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, at least once a year and free of charge, information about the Personally Identifying Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the Personally Identifying Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personally Identifying Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. The Website does currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
Rose Wellness Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
2944 Hunter Mill Road, Suite 101
Oakton, Virginia 22124
Phone: (571) 529-6699
We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
In addition, you can complain to:
Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
For additional information, call U.S Office of Civil Rights at (800) 368-1019 (Voice) or (800) 537-7697 or via Fax: (202) 619-3818 or email: email@example.com, or contact your local Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/about-us/contact-us/index.html#ocr-regional-offices.
Changes to this Notice