Our 5R program for restoring digestive health is based on a functional medicine approach that treats you as a whole, not a set of symptoms. We get to the bottom of your GI problems, whether it is toxicity, food intolerance, allergic reactions or chronic infection. By eliminating the source of the problem, we can prevent GI issues from worsening or developing into a more serious problem, such as an autoimmune disease.
Gastrointestinal Disease & Gut Health
Repair Your Gut. Restore your Digestive Health.
Digestive Conditions We Treat
“All diseases begin in the gut” – Hippocrates.
The gastrointestinal system is a complex set of organs responsible for digestion, nutritional absorption and waste elimination. Symptoms of digestive disorders or inflammation are hard to miss. Many people suffer with chronic constipation, diarrhea and abdominal cramping, yet they are unaware of the cause for their discomfort. There is a direct correlation between GI health and the body’s immune system. When the ‘gut’ is not well, neither is the rest of the body.
Gastrointestinal Disease Symptoms
Some common symptoms include –
- Feel sluggish
- Have frequent fatigue
- Have bowel movements less than once per day
- Have irregular bowel movements
- Experience discomfort or bloating after eating
- Have been diagnosed with a gastrointestinal disease
- Experience heartburn or indigestion
Even if you do not have these symptoms, a GI health analysis may be right for you. Often, complications of the digestive system lead to symptoms in other areas of the body, such as skin rashes and anxiety disorders.
Our 5R Program To Restore Gut Health
We help to relieve issues in the gi tract by addressing dietary and lifestyle issues that may be causing problems, normalizing digestion, balancing gut bacteria, detoxifying the digestive tract and promote healing. This approach focuses on diet and lifestyle interventions to heal the GI system and improve digestive system function. The 5R Program contains five key elements – Remove, Replace, Reinoculate, Repair and Rebalance.
– The first step in the program is removing anything that can damage the digestive tract. This can include food sensitivities, bad bacteria, and parasites. During this stage of the process, we help you determine the things that are harming your gi tract. Some options include checking stool cultures and food sensitivity testing.
– Once you have determined which foods you have an intolerance to, we help you improve your digestion. As you age, the level of hydrochloric acid within the stomach begins to decline. During this phase of recuperation, you need to replace the digestive secretions you are lacking. Adding digestive enzymes, bile salts and hydrochloric acid can help restore digestion.
– Antibiotics, stress or a poor diet may diminish the beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract. This step involves replacing the beneficial bacteria to improve digestive system function. Prebiotics and probiotics greatly help to correct gut imbalances.
– Once you have removed any foods that you are intolerant to, replaced your digestive secretions, reinoculated your gut with probiotics, it is time to repair your gut. Because digestive problems can go undiagnosed and untreated for years, a lot of damage can occur in the lining of your gut.
– The final step is rebalancing your life to keep your digestive tract healthy to prevent gastrointestinal diseases. This involves eating a well-balanced diet filled with fresh fruits and vegetables, probiotic rich foods like yogurt, kimchi and sauerkraut, getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night and exercising 150 minutes each week. Finally, learn stress relieving techniques to help your gut stay healthy.
Did You Know?
An estimated 1 in 5 Americans suffers from digestive disorders from an inflamed, diseased or imbalanced digestive system. Many sufferers seek indigestion remedies through over-the-counter medications to alleviate symptoms without addressing the underlying problem. In some cases, digestive disorders become so severe, that they develop into serious diseases like inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease, pancreatitis, and acid reflux.
Holistic Treatment for Digestive Issues
Discovery – During your visit, our clinicians will perform a complete medical exam that includes your family history, current medical conditions, lifestyle choices, and diet.
Analysis – We strive to identify the root causes of your GI issues, whether it is dietary, environmental or some other related cause. Your physician may recommend some tests to help determine the cause of your digestive disorder.
Personalized Treatment Plan – Once we have a well-rounded picture of your digestive health, we will provide a treatment plan to help heal your gut. This may include detoxification protocol to remove GI toxins from your diet and managing food sensitivities, such as gluten or dairy intolerance. Additionally, we incorporate natural healing techniques to help lower inflammation, boost immunity and allow the body to make a full recovery.
Ready To Improve Gut Health
Healing is at the heart of everything we do. We work with you to develop personalized treatment plans to address the root cause of your digestive issues including IBS, IBD, or leaky gut syndrome.
Are you ready to take control of your digestive health and have a healthy gut?Learn about our Plans
Explore Our Blog
Food intolerances and allergies are quite common. More than likely, you or someone you know has a food intolerance or...
Over the last several years, gluten has received a lot of attention. Numerous gluten-free products have been introduced, and more...
Hormones are powerful chemicals that tell the body what to do and when to do it. When you have a...
The Toxicity Questionnaire helps evaluate symptoms that may be the underlying cause of illnesses.
Have you begun your journey toward health and all of a sudden you have noticed some alarming changes? Have you...
Understanding pH levels, the symptoms of high acidity in the body and which foods are acidic or alkaline can help...
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that damages the intestinal wall tract and interferes with nutrient absorption. It is estimated...
Chronic inflammation is extremely dangerous. In fact, it has been associated with most chronic diseases. When your immune system is...
Good metabolic health consists of more than a healthy weight. It requires having ideal levels of blood sugar, triglycerides, high-density...
If you feel out of sync and have a host of unwanted symptoms, a hormonal imbalance may be to blame....
Are you suffering from constipation? You are not alone. Approximately 20 percent of the general population experiences constipation. When we...
While no one is immune to the occasional stomach ache, prolonged issues with your digestive tract could be a signal...