Suzanne Tershak Tither, FNP-BC, MAc.
Functional Medicine Nurse Practitioner
- Digestive disorders – IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, SIBO, candida/dysbiosis, food sensitivities constipation, gas & bloating, reflux
- Auto Immune Disease
- Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s
- Adrenal Imbalance
- Symptoms of Menopause and Peri Menopause – mood swings, fatigue, weight gain, sleep disturbances, brain fog and memory loss, low libido
- Andropause and Low Testosterone
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Arthritis and Pain conditions
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sleep issues
- Stress Management
- Women’s Health issues – PMS, hormonal imbalance, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, infertility
- Pre-conception and post-partum health and wellness
- Children’s health – food sensitivities, digestive disorders, eczema, autism
- Skin issues – acne, psoriasis, eczema, rashes
- Headaches & Migraines
- Environmental and Seasonal Allergies
- Metabolic Syndrome and Prediabetes
- Mind, body, spirit integration and overall health & wellness
Professional Memberships and Specialized Training
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners, member
- Institute for Functional Medicine, member
- Extensive training with –
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Kalish Institute and Dr. Isabella Wentz (Hashimotos expert)
- Undergoing Certification in Functional Medicine via the Functional Medicine University
- Functional Nutrition Lab Digestive Intensive Graduate with Andrea Nakayama
- Undergoing training in Full Body Systems Nutrition Intensive with Andrea Nakayama
Suzanne Tershak Tither is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner and a nationally certified acupuncturist. She has practiced as both a nurse and acupuncturist for over 20 years with a commitment towards blending western and eastern medical philosophies to better patient health outcomes.
Suzanne’s interest in medicine began at a very young age. Her parents were microbiologists and Suzanne was exposed to the western germ theory early on. Whenever sick with a sore throat, Suzanne joined her father in his microbiology lab where he swabbed her throat and cultured the bacteria in his incubator. If Streptococcus pyogenes – Suzanne was given dad’s laboratory penicillin. Realizing first-hand this miraculous cure to an unwanted symptom, Suzanne came to appreciate what western medicine had to offer.
Later, during college Suzanne became fascinated with more holistic approaches to managing disease. After watching Bill Moyer’s Healing and the Mind documentary series, the notion of the body, mind, spirit and energetic aspects to illness became more clear. Suzanne felt inspired to follow the path to become a health care provider.
She went on to receive her Bachelor’s of Nursing degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing in 1997 and not long after sought a Master in Acupuncture from the Traditional Acupuncture Institute in Columbia MD. For over a decade Suzanne worked separately as both a nurse and acupuncturist managing patients in varying capacities to include family practice, a college heath center, pediatrics and fertility and reproductive endocrinology. Desiring more autonomy and the ability to diagnose and treat from a western medical perspective, Suzanne sought a family nurse practitioner degree. She graduated summa cum laude from the University of Maryland School of Nursing in 2012.
From that day forward Suzanne has worked within functional and integrative medicine settings and combined her skills as both an eastern and western medical care practitioner to meet patient needs. The deepest foundation of her functional medicine training came while working at the Rothfeld Center for Integrative Medicine in Waltham MA. There she was surrounded by brilliant integrative medical practitioners and cared for men, women and children with severe chronic illnesses to include auto immune conditions, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome; allergies and hormone imbalance. Thereafter, Suzanne spent a year and a half working alongside hormone expert Nisha Jackson at Peak Medical Clinic in Medford, Oregon where she continued to utilize her functional medicine skills and educate other providers.
Suzanne has trained extensively via the Institute for Functional Medicine, the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and the Functional Medicine University. Most recently she is studying with Andrea Nakayama via the Functional Nutrition Alliance. Her thirst for knowledge and learning new concepts and skills to serve her patients better is her commitment and a constant source of joy and inspiration.
Moving west to join her husband in the Rocky Mountains, Suzanne is thrilled to join the Rose Wellness community by offering functional medicine telehealth services. Suzanne’s commitment is to her patients, ensuring each and everyone is given the deserved time, attention and comprehensive approach to health and wellness from the comfort of their own home. Suzanne absolutely adores her work and practices true collaborative care. She will guide a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs whether supplements, nutrition and nutrient therapy, lifestyle and stress management; bio-identical hormones, medications if needed; mind/body/spirit integration; acupuncture, energy medicine and more.
Suzanne brings with her true compassion, warmth, humor and the ability to connect with her patients easily. She has a forward thinking approach to health care and remains curious and committed to learning as much as she possibly can to better the lives of her patients.
When not practicing medicine, Suzanne can be found reading, writing, practicing yoga, studying astrology, hiking, camping, cross country skiing, fishing and exploring the Big Sky wilderness with her husband Eric and their 3 year old Labrador retriever named Ben.