Pumpkin Mini Protein Muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Naked Super Shake Protein powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 7 tbs. coconut oil or butter- melted
- ½ cup maple sugar
- 2 tbs. coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350, grease mini muffin pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients coconut flour- sea salt, Separately mix wet ingredients (eggs-vanilla).
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
This is an adaptation from texanerin.com. I prefer the mini muffins over the large muffins. We can use them as a snack, pre-workout fuel, or 3-4 for breakfast.
Cinnamon Raisin Muffin
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (grass fed)
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Handful of golden raisins
- Sliced almonds for the top of the muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut flour, almond flour, sweet rice flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, butter, coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix. Make sure you do not over mix.
- Gently fold in raisins and divide into the muffin cups. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a minute or two, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Our integrative practitioner or nutritionist can help you create customized gluten free diets. We specialize in digestive health, food sensitivities, chronic inflammation, energy optimization, and weight problems. Get started on your journey to create energizing wellness for a lifetime to come.